CMS Curriculum Mapping
To produce an overview of student learning experiences and showing a relationship between CMS standards and content/skills that are taught and assessed within the organizational framework of the school calendar.
- To provide a tool that analyzes how standards are implemented and assessed
- To provide information related to scope and sequence
- To reveal opportunities for integration of various contents and essential skills
- To produce a useable tool for teachers as they plan and develop lessons
Examples of CMS Curriculum Mapping Guidelines:
- Only one map is developed for each course.
- Review standards to determine which need to be identified in the essential skills section.
- Include research standards
- Record standards and benchmarks on the content map
- The map is written in a matter that is easily understood by any teacher new to CMS or colleague that does not teach the particular content of that map.