Mission, Vision, Beliefs
Founded in Integrity, Focused on Learning
Approved May 2009
The Carol Morgan School is a private, secular, non-profit, college-preparatory school that instills a passion for learning, builds character and inspires civic and social responsibility. Incorporating a rigorous, U.S. curriculum and advanced technology, CMS empowers students to become leaders of a multicultural, global society. The Carol Morgan School will maintain its lead as a world-class, comprehensive school.
Revised May 2014
Committed to continuous improvement, the Carol Morgan School provides an excellent standards-based academic program within the framework of the best research-based educational practices in which students develop character, an awareness of the natural and social environments, and essential skills preparing them to face the challenges of our rapidly changing world.
The philosophy and objectives of this non-profit, community school support a U.S. curriculum in the rich cultural setting of the Dominican Republic where the varied international student body receives an immersion English language program. CMS welcomes families from all countries knowing that this association of students of different backgrounds and religions will help them develop a clear understanding and appreciation of the global world in which they live.
Designed to meet a wide range of individual needs, the CMS experience stresses the worth and dignity of all students and provides them the opportunities to progress intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically to their greatest potential.
Revised May 2014
We believe that a safe, supportive learning community will foster achievement of potential and expand personal and collective excellence.
We believe in educating the whole child.
We believe that on our planet all things are interrelated requiring a commitment to informed, conscientious decision-making.
We believe that bilingualism, appreciation and respect of diversity, and international mindedness are essential for ethical leadership in a multicultural, global society.
Approved September 2014
PROFILE OF THE GRADUATE
- Be lifelong learners with global perspectives
- Possess bilingual skills within the English and Spanish languages
- Be aware and reflective of their varied intellectual strengths, demonstrating confidence, motivation, and self-discipline
- Be inquisitive, demonstrating critical and analytical thinking
- Demonstrate multicultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Be “fit for life” demonstrating physical, emotional, and social well-being
- Demonstrate respect for our natural world and conservation of our global resources
- Be innovative producers and informed consumers
- Adapt to emerging technologies, ethically applying them to new and future settings
- Demonstrate responsibility and sound judgment, making informed choices for personal balance and community improvement
- Listen, lead, and work collaboratively to solve problems locally and globally
Revised June 2014