Teaching at Carol Morgan School is exciting, challenging and professionally rewarding. Our major goal is to create an environment which challenges and stretches student learning. We accomplish this through a number of key practices.
- CMS has a clear vision for its future.
- CMS has a strong commitment to improvement and innovative practices.
- CMS works towards specific annual improvement goals and long-term goals.
- CMS is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and schools (MSA).
- CMS has a diverse and welcoming international faculty.
- CMS offers you the opportunity to earn a Masters Degree on-site.
As a participant in our community of learners, every staff member at CMS has the opportunity to partake of a generous and comprehensive professional development program in the world of international education. Courses leading to a Master’s Degree in Education from the Buffalo State College are offered each year on our campus. A budget is provided for Summer University and workshop training for a significant number of staff.
Salaries & Benefits
Carol Morgan School hires teachers from abroad and in the Dominican Republic. It conducts a local hire recruiting fair in January as well as attends numerous Overseas Recruiting Centers such as AASSA and ISS in Atlanta in December, International Schools Service (ISS), and Search Associates in February.
Contracts: For local hire teachers, local law applies.
For foreign hire teachers, initial contracts are for two years and then renewable yearly.
Salaries: Salaries are highly competitve.
Foreign Hire Teachers:
- School hires teaching teams and individuals.
- School provides shared furnished housing for singles for 1 year and then guaranteed sole apt. after that.
- School provides furnished housing for couples and families
- Savings potential is good.
Foreign Hire Benefits:
- Round trip transportation
- Transportation for dependents
- Furnished housing provided (selected by school)
- Relocation allowance
- Retirement Plan
- Baggage or shipment allowance
- Renewal Bonus
- 100% tuition for children ( one per employee)
- Visa procurement assistance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance (local)
- Sick leave
- Life insurance (local)
- Annual Home Leave
- Car Rental assistance
- Transportation to and from school by air-conditioned bus provided.
- 12 days sick leave (includes 2 days of personal leave) per year.
- Tuition assistance available for summer school workshops and graduate classes.
- Bereavement, maternity, recruitment and special leave provided.
Local Hire Benefits: May be obtained by contacting Human Resources Department at CMS.
- US Certification
- Experience: minimum two years / Masters preferred
- No hiring restrictions