Teaching at Carol Morgan School is exciting, challenging and professionally rewarding. Our major goal is to create an environment which challenges and stretches student learning. We accomplish this through a number of key practices.
- CMS has a clear vision for its future.
- CMS has a strong commitment to improvement and innovative practices.
- CMS works towards specific annual improvement goals and long-term goals.
- CMS is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and schools (SACS).
- CMS has a diverse and welcoming international faculty.
- CMS offers you the opportunity to earn a Masters Degree on-site.
As a participant in our community of learners, every staff member at CMS has the opportunity to partake of a generous and comprehensive professional development program in the world of international education. Courses leading to a Master’s Degree in Education from the Buffalo State College are offered each year on our campus. A budget is provided for Summer University and workshop training for a significant number of staff.
Salaries & Benefits
Carol Morgan School hires teachers from abroad and in the Dominican Republic. It conducts a local hire recruiting fair in January as well as attends numerous Overseas Recruiting Centers such as International Schools Service (ISS) and Search Associates in February.
Contracts: For local hire teachers, local law applies.
For foreign hire teachers, initial contracts are for two years.
Salaries: Salaries are highly competitve.
Foreign Hire Teachers:
- School hires teaching teams and individuals.
- School provides shared furnished housing for singles for 1 year and then guaranteed sole apt. after that.
- School provides furnished housing for couples and families
- Savings potential is good.
Foreign Hire Benefits:
- Round trip transportation
- Transportation for dependents
- Furnished housing provided (selected by school)
- Relocation allowance
- Retirement Plan
- Baggage or shipment allowance
- Renewal Bonus
- 100% tuition for children ( one per employee)
- Visa procurement assistance
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance (local)
- Sick leave
- Life insurance (local)
- Annual Home Leave
- Car Rental assistance
- Transportation to and from school by air-conditioned bus provided.
- 12 days sick leave (includes 2 days of personal leave) per year.
- Tuition assistance available for summer school workshops and graduate classes.
- Bereavement, maternity, recruitment and special leave provided.
Local Hire Benefits: May be obtained by contacting Human Resources Department at CMS.
- US Certification
- Experience: minimum two years / Masters preferred
- No hiring restrictions