SUNY Buffalo Program
Master's and Leadership Programs
The Office of the Deputy Head works to provide a quality graduate level education available to our present and future staff, as well as a unique opportunity for all teachers working in the Dominican Republic to have access, via CMS, to a state of the art master’s degree program. Additionally, we offer other advanced leadership degrees that may qualify staff for administrative certifications and leadership positions.
In an effort to build a new cohort of students for the Buffalo State graduate program that has been successful for recent graduates, we have reorganized course offerings allowing for the launch of a new leadership certificate program. This program creates a brand new group of emerging educational leaders in the Dominican Republic and at CMS.
Earn a Master’s Degree!
SUNY Buffalo Courses being offered at CMS for the Buffalo State graduate program:
- MA Degree (30 semester hours) is available in Multidisciplinary Studies
- Up to 4 courses can be used as electives which allows for maximum individual specialization
- Transfer a maximum of 15 graduate level credit hours from other accredited institutions
- Classes are designed to be project based and differentiated instruction is used to make the learning applicable to a variety of learner needs and teaching settings
- Courses can be designed to take advantage of non-campus professor, with time to practice new skills within the classroom setting and follow-up with online support. Video Conferencing and online courses are also available.
- Up to 6 of the required 30 graduate credit hours can be earned through conferences, and/or workshop courses
- 15 credit Education Leadership Certificate available
- Courses offered through the Principal’s Training Center (PTC) and the Teachers Training Center (TTC) can also be used as part of approved course offerings
- The program is supervised by Buffalo State and program counseling is available
- CMS staff that earns 30 credits beyond a master’s degree receives an annual bonus
- Student Checklist
- Transcript Request Form
- Application for Admission
- Course Evaluation
- Graduate Admission Application
- Admission Application Fee Payment Form