MS Student Support
The MS faculty provides a wide range of services in the school and support students in grades 6-8 with both academic and/or social and emotional concerns.
Faculty work with students to develop academic competencies, including helping them understand their individual strengths, setting goals, and assisting in planning an appropriate program of studies with elective courses.
Some of the areas in which our faculty and student support team might work with students and parents are:
- Assisting students in selecting appropriate courses each year
- Checking each student’s progress through a regular review of their grades
- Consulting with faculty regarding student performance
- Counseling students experiencing academic difficulties and developing strategies for improvement
- Being available to meet with parents of all students
- Peer relationships
- Transition/adjustment issues
- Social pressures
- Emotional concerns
- Family conflicts
Our school-wide counseling department is available to all students, teachers and parents to better assist students in managing the normal developmental issues that arise during preadolescence and any other difficulties they may encounter.
Other activities in which the student support team is involved during the school year include:
- New student and family transitions
- Parent-caregiver talks
- Multicultural and inclusion awareness
- Advisory planning
- Mediation program
- Peer Helpers
Carol Morgan School Counseling Program Mission
The Counseling Department at Carol Morgan School collaborates with students, parents, teachers, and the academic leadership team to support all students through a comprehensive and developmental approach that addresses the four domains outlined by the International Model for School Counseling – academic, personal/social, career, and global perspective. The well-articulated PK-12 counseling program provides instruction, support and caring at every level. Services are provided to maximize the academic achievement and promote the necessary skills, attitudes, and beliefs for all students to strengthen their unique capabilities and enable them to participate as responsible citizens in a global society.