The Carol Morgan School Student Athletics Program is an integral part of our CMS learning experience. Our program goals include working with student-athletes to develop self-confidence, teamwork, and sportsmanship in addition to supporting their individual skill development and participating in local and international competitions.
The CMS Student Athletics Program is characterized by:
- Commitment to CMS core values
- Development of individual athletic skills
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of sports
- Inclusive and broad participation for all students
- Opportunities to compete in well organized competitive events
- Enjoy the opportunity to succeed and develop healthy responses to losses
Our CMS Athletes enjoy the opportunity to participate in several sports and leagues. The ES participates in basketball and soccer, MS/HS participates in baseball, basketball, soccer, volleyball, table tennis, ultimate frisbee, and track & field club.
- ACCAS: The Association of Colombian-Caribbean American Schools, which provides for competitions and tournaments for our ES, MS and HS students.
- CAISSA: The Caribbean Area International School Sports Association, which provides opportunities for our HS Varsity sports with an international sports tournament. CAISSA schools are Academia Cotopaxi (Ecuador), Cayman International School (Grand Cayman), Escuela Campo Alegre (Venezuela), the International School of Port of Spain (Trinidad & Tobago) and the Carol Morgan School (Dominican Republic). The schools participate in HS Boys/Girls Basketball, Soccer and Volleyball which includes an end of season tournament. These international tournaments promote personal growth and enhance the educational experience of our student athletes.
We hope that every student has an opportunity to pursue their passion in sports and experience new activities during the school year.